Iridium Racing DOX12IRY Spark Plug
DOX12IRY Iridium Racing Brisk Performance Spark Plugs
Brisk SKU - DOX12IRY
Thread Diameter 14mm
Thread Reach 19mm-3/4"
Seat Type Gasket
Design Iridium Center Electrode
- Heat Range - 12
Brisk DOX12IRY Replaces:
KEY BENEFITS AND APPLICATIONS
- Iridium is 6x / 8x Stronger /1200 Degrees Higher Melting Point than Platinum
- Power Focus - Spark Exactly in the Focal Point of the Reflector
- Lower Required Supplied Ignition Voltage
- Optimized Diameter Center and Cut Back Ground Electrode
- Less Quenching, Better A/F Mixture Access = More Power
- Ability to Ignite Lean Mixtures and Difficult to Ignite Fuels
- High Pressure, High Output Race Engines
- Turbo / Supercharged / Nitrous
- Good Resistance to Fouling and Easier Starts
PERFORMANCE FEATURES OF BRISK IRIDIUM RACING SPARK PLUG
Iridium is extremely durable material that extends the spark plug lifetime by reducing gap erosion. (Iridium/Yttrium series utilize Yttrium enriched ground electrode for increased durability – available in only some shell dimensions)
BRISK RACING IRIDIUM spark plug "Power Focus" – spark is exactly in the focal point of the reflector that helps direct air fuel mixture during the compression stroke to the center electrode and consequently, after ignition, the propagating flame front toward the center of the combustion chamber.
BRISK RACING IRIDIUM spark plug Lower Required Supplied Ignition Voltage – is achieved by utilization of optimized diameter spark plug center electrode, along with sharp edges of the cut back ground electrode. This spark plug feature is beneficial in applications where the stock ignition system is pushed to the limit in modified power applications and customer does not want to upgrade ignition system. Brisk Iridium Racing spark plug Lower Required Supplied Ignition Voltage is also beneficial for easier cold starts and operation under partially fouled spark plug condition caused by A/F management problems or oil consumption.
Optimized 1mm diameter Brisk Racing Iridium spark plug iridium center electrode is capable to displace more heat than smaller diameter tips. Brisk Racing Iridium spark plug Cut back ground electrode accumulates less heat, displaces heat more rapidly, and allows for better access of A/F mixture to the spark and easier (less restricted) spread of the flame front immediately after the ignition.